Thursday, September 1, 2011

A beautiful mess

So I haven't posted in a very long time, almost five months it appears. A lot has happened in those 5 months. Primarily, the wifey is about to pop! Today she is officially 38 weeks pregnant, has a sinus infection, and early stages of bronchitis. She is literally ready to pop. Hopefully the meds she got will start to kick in today (being allergic to penicillin makes getting antibiotics an exciting adventure).
Remember kids, Mr. Yuk means it's not for you!

So why have I decided to start posting again? I finally realized how much I take for granted my sister's blog and how easy it is for me stay updated on what's happening in the life of her family even if they are like 2000 miles away. And considering the fact that I am about to add a new member to my family I think it's only fair that I try and return the favor and make it easier for my family to see what's happening. Let's be honest, I love seeing pictures of my nephew and I'm sure there are those who will love to see pictures of our new little one.

Before this gets too long and boring, here is what is currently happening in the Padre household. I have begun to nest. For those of you who don't know, nesting is a stage that almost all mothers go through in anticipation of the arrival of a baby. You find yourself wanting to paint, to move furniture, to buy just about everything a baby might ever need. Apparently dads-to-be can go through the same stage. I just waited until week 38 to start...


The wooden shelves in the left of the picture I took out shortly after moving in. However, this past week I decided it was as good a time as any to take out the shower stall in the center of the picture. Three long hours later we now have two big rooms in the basement and are speculating about the costs to put in a washroom...Then I decided it might be fun to take on another project: Hey honey, wouldn't it be fun to give our kitchen a face lift? Who knows why, but the wifey said "Go for it!"




And thus the absence of cabinet doors and hardware in our kitchen. I should be able to finish this in a jiff right? After all new babies don't take up that much time....

3 comments:

  1. You have officially lost your mind...but I'm glad that you're documenting it on the blog. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah me too :) so how do you set up that automatic posting thing so it posts the same time each day?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited to see another post on your blog! We are becoming quite the blogger family! Keep up with the photos please, especially as the little one comes along! If you haven't figured out the posting thing, just click 'post options' on each post you write, then you can put in a scheduled time. Or if you're using the new format, click 'schedule.'

    ReplyDelete